Wednesday 4 June 2014

Seasonal Goods


Delicious Figs and Mulberries, the summer season is on ! 



As I have mentioned in some of my earlier posts, one of the best things of living in South Italy is to be able to enjoy the seasonal food not only in the summer but all around the year. I personally have been very interested on healthy diets for more than ten years now but there have been periods in my life when I've given less thought about it. Now as a mum of a two years old and soon a new born baby I want to introduce the best eating habits and diets for my family. Now this is not the easiest task in Italy (I'll talk about this another time) but I'm not going to give up. Eating well as a mum has proven to be vital for my energy levels and for me it's the best way of simply feeling good about my self.

Mulberries are rich in Vitamin C and they also contain small amounts of Iron, Magnesium and Calcium.
Where as Figs are a good source of dietary fiber, vitamin B6, copper, potassium, manganese, 
and acid. 


No comments:

Post a Comment